Monday, May 23, 2011

First Day Of "Not Working"

So this is the first day of what is considered my "not working" summer. Ha-Ha! That is a joke. If today represents what the rest of the summer will look like than it is going to be a tough one.

I started at Nicholasville City Hall trying to register our new Escape that we have had for over a month. I should have done it weeks ago, but we got the title last week and I haven't had time. So today was the day. After I loaded my little one into the car, waited in line for 25 minutes while Eli spit-up EVERYWHERE, I got to the front and the lady told me I had to go get the car inspected. I was beyond annoyed. So, I walked to the bank through all the construction to see my sweet friend Kelli and all my other friends/co-workers Kristie, Greg and Kara at good 'ol Town Square. I deposited our checks, vented about the Circuit Clerk and then went on my merry way to get the car "inspected."

To be fair Greg told me at the bank that the inspection was a bit of a joke. That they ask you to turn on your lights and signals and that sort of jazz but that is about it. Well Greg if you are reading it is much less now. After I unloaded Eli for the third time and carried him up all the steps to the Sheriff's office, paid my $5.00 and then carried him back out to my car...all they did was write down the VIN# and ask for the mileage!!! I could have screamed!!!

On a side note though, an old school friend Ashley was who did the "inspection" and it was nice to catch-up with her. Other than that however, I was a very mad mommy. Thinking, well Eli has finally fallen asleep and I am right here I might as well get the car registered even though it is time for Eli to eat. It shouldn't take that long.

Again, HA-HA! I loaded and unloaded Eli again, walked into the court house, waited patiently in line thinking this is it and it will all be worth in a few short minutes when my car is registered and we are all set to go. I was up next and the lady called me forward. I gave her my papers with a smile, asked her how her day was going and then she told me that I would have to fax my inspection to the dealer in Wisconsin and then bring it back after it had been filled out and notarized! To say I was livid would be an understatement!

I called Aaron on my way home with our wonderful SYNC technology in the car and I am sure I nearly blew his eardrums. I vented up a storm! My entire morning was wasted standing in line after line, loading and unloading a very tired but patient little one who wanted a nap and still didn't get my car registered.

It probably wouldn't have been as big of a deal to me had the first lady at the Count Clerk's office just told me that after getting the inspection I would need to do steps 2 and 3 and then return. I am just a little bitter berries. I have many years of customer service under my belt and I just would have liked to be given a little friendly guidance, rather and shuffling me off to the next place without the extra advice.

So to all of you out there reading who have experience a rough start to your summer, week, or just day, I feel you and we are all in it together!


Post a Comment